Sweeping Benefits Change Communications
Client: Global, Fortune 500 Company (employer)
Project: Effectively communicate sweeping benefits changes affecting all active and retired employees within the U.S.
Scope: Project required intensive cross-functional coordination and program management. Key elements included the following:
- Develop and execute an effective communications strategy to ensure employee and retiree awareness and understanding and reduce productivity disruption.
- Manage communication segment of project.
- Create such work products as presentation materials, leadership talking points, internal and external memoranda, letters, and mailers.
- Conduct focus group sessions.
- Prepare media management plan and serve as media spokesperson.
Outcome: Employees and retirees understood, accepted and were prepared for enrollment and other benefits changes with minimal disruption to productivity. Changes received limited, primarily neutral, media coverage. Received Chairman and CEO Award.