Broad Benefits Plan Changes
Client: Global, Fortune 500 Company (employer)
Voice: Friendly, factual, and empathetic tone in neutral American English
Project: Create and implement communications strategy for benefits plan changes; project included voice-over work for informational videos
Scope: Benefit changes required substantial education, and a small budget was available to create communications materials. Project required efficient use of resources while effectively preparing employees and retirees for a suite of benefits changes. Key elements of project included the following:
- Create communications strategy and plan.
- Create educational materials to ensure target audience members understand options and are prepared for enrollment.
- Minimize productivity disruptions and negative media attention.
- Ensure integrated branding and consistent messaging across effort, including externally created brochures and home mailers.
- Create such work product as leadership messaging, memoranda, and presentation materials.
- Create scripts and prepare materials for use in informational videos.
- Serve as voice talent for videos.
- Prepare media management plan and serve as media spokesperson.
Outcome: Employees and retirees were adequately prepared for the change with limited productivity disruption. Company was adequately prepared to address anticipated community media attention.